How you can be Saved:
YOU MUST BELIEVE: Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, that He was crucified and died for the sins of all mankind; When He died, He was buried, and on the third day, arose from the grave; YOU MUST REPENT: Repent of (confess) all your sins; YOU MUST BELIEVE: That Jesus Christ— IS the ONLY way to the Father;
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Romans 10: 9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.
“There is power in the death of Christ to draw souls to Him.”—Matthew Henry.
WHO can be saved? ALL who desire to be!
Please review this post and these verses; John 3:16; John 3:18; John 3:36; Mark 16:16; Romans 10:9; Matthew 10:32; Luke 12:8; 1 John 4:15; 1 John 5:1 † Please notice these consistent key words; ‘whoever‘ ‘anyone‘ ‘everyone.’
Eternity: What is eternal life?
Eternal Life is life without end– Heaven, or Hell. The choice of where we spend eternity– is ours to make.
Choose eternal life!
Titus 1: 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.
Matthew 25: 46; And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal
John 3: 36; He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God stays on him.
Romans 6: 23; For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
When God forgives—Does He remember our past sins?
- Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
- Hebrews 10: 17; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
- Hebrews 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
- Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, said the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
- Isaiah 38:17 Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but you have in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for you have cast all my sins behind your back.
- Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and will not remember your sins.
- Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Isn’t being a good person enough?
- Will a ‘good person go to hell’—If He or She Is Not Saved? 1 John 1: 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- We can’t get to Heaven by just being a good person! Nothing we’ve done, or will ever do on earth will be enough. 2 Timothy 1:9 Who has saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
- NO amount of good deeds, or living an honorable ”lifestyle” before mankind–can get us to Heaven. Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. We cannot EARN or BUY our way to Heaven.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
Confessing our sins:
1 John 1: 9 -10; 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
A Prayer for Forgiveness:
John 3: 3 – Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
(An example prayer, spoken *OUT LOUD) Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that I have sinned against You and understand that ”the wages of sin is death.” LORD I repent, and ask You to forgive me, of ALL my sins, and I pray that You will help me in the future to avoid and overcome the sin and temptations of this world. I believe in my heart that Your only Son Jesus Christ died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, that He is alive and did ascend to heaven—where He sits at Your right hand. *Why ‘out loud’? ¹ Read more here.
I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, to rule over my life and reign in my heart, from this day forward. LORD, may Your Holy Spirit purify my thoughts, and convict me when I sin. Help me to grow in Your grace and always possess the desire to seek a greater knowledge and understanding of You. In me, LORD, reveal YOUR divine purpose for my life, and I pray that I will always follow Your commandments, and forever remain within Your will.—In your Son’s name I pray, Amen.
If you’ve repented and accepted Jesus as your Savior—congratulations…for you’ve created quite a stir in Heaven;
“Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents.”—Luke 15: 10
Romans 5: 9-11 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
The Importance of Baptism:
Luke 3:21 – 22 21 Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, 22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. (*The ‘Trinity’—Father, Son and Holy Ghost)
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
”And that the Baptism of water was an outward sign of that inward cleansing and renewal of heart, which attend, or are the effects of true repentance, as well as a profession of it. Baptism is an outward sign of that inward washing, or sanctification of the Spirit, which seals and evidences the believer’s justification. Being baptized into Christ, we are baptized into His death, that as He died and rose again, so we should die unto sin, and walk in newness and holiness of life.”—Condensed from Matthew Henry’s commentary on the subject of Baptism.
“Whatever difficulties the righteous meet in the way of duty, they are not daunted”—Matthew Henry; 1662 ~ 1714.
Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels.
FREE Gospel Tracts By Rev. R. L. Doan. (1971-2018)
I just got saved—what’s next?
A Four Step (PDF) Series For New Christians!
What is a “Decision Card“?