A Few Words Associated With Prepping:
IN THE BROADEST SENSE:
Survivalism, Survivalist, Hoarding, Stockpiling, Preparedness, A Fear of the future, Self-Preservation, Self-Sufficiency, Self-Defense, Self-Protection, Self-Reliance, a Sign of the End Times, Preparation for survival during the Great Tribulation.
Definition of a Prepper: “Prepper (noun): An individual or group that prepares or makes preparations in advance of or prior to any change in normal circumstances or lifestyle without significant reliance on other persons (i.e., being self-reliant) or without substantial assistance from outside resources (govt., etc.) in order to minimize the effects of that change on their current lifestyle.” The American Preppers Network; “Freedom Through Teaching Others Self-Reliance.”
What Is A Prepper? “A Prepper is one who practices self-reliance and independence by preparing in advance for any and all foreseeable and unforeseeable changes in normal life.” Jewish Preppers: “Organizing The Tribe, Just In Case.” Is Our Government Prepping? 2 Mass Storage In Marengo, Indiana? Seedbanks Worldwide.
WHAT INEVITABLE EVENT COULD “PREPPERS” BE PREPARING FOR?
- WORRYING (in a typical sense): Matthew 6:34 Tells us we should NOT worry about the future. Matthew 6:27 reminds us that worrying cannot add a single hour to our lives. Luke 12:22 1 Peter 5:7 Psalm 55:22 Luke 12:11 Luke 21:14 Matthew 10:28
- PREPARING: How can we prepare for the future?—By accepting Jesus and placing our faith in God. Christians MUST live by faith; Romans 1:17 2 Corinthians 5:7 2 Corinthians 13:5 Romans 14:23 Hebrews 11:6
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO ESCAPE THE WRATH OF GOD? (NO) Could the following Scripture be referring to “Preppers”? In an effort to escape the wrath of God, men will hide in caves and holes in the ground. (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- HOW TO BE TRULY “SAVED” Many Preppers believe they are preparing for (and will possibly survive) the end of the world—-i.e. doomsday, the end of civilization, an apocalypse or Armageddon. Are they really sensing—(as most of us are) the world is indeed living in its last days? Prepping could be considered a visible evidence of this fact.
- Are Preppers actually preparing for the Great Tribulation? Only those who have been “born again” will escape this most dreadful time.
The cost of our Salvation has been paid IN FULL by the Blood Jesus shed for us on the Cross.
Being ‘prepared’ for the future is only gained through Jesus Christ.
- Please view this post from author Rev. Clarence Larkin. “The Rapture”.
- “Jesus is coming soon.” Dr. David Reagan