“God is constantly justified in the responsibilities He has placed upon us for preserving life, both material and spiritual, and in withholding from us the power to decide whether or not a little child is worthy to live or die.”—The Expositor; Vol. 20; No. 229; October, 1918. ¹
January 24, 2020. The most prolific pro-life President in U.S. history: “MARCH FOR LIFE: President Trump Becomes First President To Speak At Event” ⇒Fox10 News; Phoenix.
January 24, 2020: “President Trump Takes Action Against California for Forcing Churches to Fund Abortions”—LifeNews.com
10-22-2015: “Abortion is the battleground for today’s abolitionists—This brings to mind a quote from a famous abolitionist, Englishman William Wilberforce, who in speaking of slavery said, “You may choose to look the other way, but you can never again say that you did not know.”—Laura Hollis; Attorney, Educator. WND News
“Why is an eagle in the egg considered to be an eagle, but a baby in the womb is not considered a human being?”—Dr. David Reagan
“Abortions Worldwide this year” (2020): as of January 24, over 2,752,193 abortions have occurred. (That’s “125,000+- abortions per day”)—Abortion Statistics Worldometer.
“In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in ten of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day.” ¹
2019: An abominable statistic: as of 12/14/2019, at 6:33pm EST, over 40.46 million (world-wide) abortions have occurred in this year alone. That number translates to over 125,000 abortions per day. “In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in ten of these are terminated by abortion, there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.” Source.
- UPDATED 12-14-2019: “Outrage! Abortionists setting up businesses inside schools”—WND
- UPDATED 10-29-2019: “900 abortion clinics have lost taxpayer funding under Trump.”–WND
- UPDATED 10-10-2019: “Planned Parenthood is spending 45 Million dollars “on local, state, and federal candidates who support abortion”. (2020 elections) Source: Washington Examiner; Madeline Fry, October 9, 2019. **Is ANY taxpayer money, from those who do NOT support abortion, included in this 45M?
- UPDATED 9-5-2019: Abortion, Birth Control & Climate Change. The politics of Abortion and population control.
“In his July essay, the Rev. Clenard Childress, Jr. noted that 52 percent of all African American pregnancies end in abortion and that whereas abortion is the most common operation performed on women, it is also “the least regulated medical procedure” and is often “completely ignored by health regulation enforcement.” “Induced abortion is the leading cause of death in the United States and accounts for a disturbing 61 percent of deaths of African Americans, according to researchers from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.” “As of August 4, 2018, there have been nearly 25 million abortions performed worldwide so far this year.” ¹
“Every child is a precious gift from God; When we look into the eyes of a newborn child there is no doubt we see the beauty of the human soul, and the mystery of God’s great creation. We know that every life has meaning and that every life is totally worth protecting.” President Donald J. Trump
“It is not a matter of pro-life and pro-choice—its a matter of pro-life and murder.”–Pastor Matt Hagee.
Abortion is an abomination to God: “hands that shed innocent blood”
- 1550 BC: “The first recorded evidence of induced abortion is from the Egyptian Ebers Papyrus in 1550 BC.” ¹
- 1075 BC: “Assyrian Law, in the Code of Assura, c.1075 BC; and this is imposed only on a woman who procures an abortion against her husband’s wishes.” ¹
- 460-377 BC: Even to the pagan, human life was revered; “I will give no deadly medicine to any one if asked, nor suggest any such counsel; and in like manner I will not give to a woman a pessary to produce abortion.”-Quoted from ‘The Physician’s Oath’; Hippocrates.
- 1803: “Abortions became illegal by statute in Britain.” ¹
- 1820s: “In 1821, a Connecticut law targeted apothecaries who sold “poisons” to women for purposes of inducing an abortion, and New York made post-quickening abortions a felony and pre-quickening abortions a misdemeanor in 1829.” ¹
- 1828: “FETUS, (fe’-tus) n. s. Any animal in embryo; anything yet in the womb.” A Dictionary of the English Language; Volume 1; By Samuel Johnson, John Walker, Robert S. Jameson.
- 1837: “It is nevertheless true, that the practice of inducing abortion for criminal purposes has prevailed from the earliest periods; and in some parts of the globe, both foeticide and infanticide, if not encouraged, are overlooked by the state, with the view of keeping down the excess of population.”–Professor A. T. Thomson; January 28, 1837.
When does Life Begin? “From the moment of conception it (the human embryo) is the receptacle of a human soul.” Dr. Edwin M. Hale, MD.,1867.
1867. Abortion: “Its commission disobeys the Divine command “Thou shall not kill.” We cannot consider the subject in a purely physiological light. The impregnated ovum is not merely a living being. This would imply that it was nothing superior to the embryo of one of the brute creation. The human embryo is possessed of something more than animal life. From the moment of conception it is the receptacle of a human soul. When a child is born, we all believe a human soul to be habilitated by the still undeveloped body. The spiritual nature only manifests itself in direct ratio to the development of the brain and other portions of the body.
Psychologically, we must admit that the soul exists in the impregnated ovum from the date of conception, and keeps pace in its manifestations, with the development of the foetus until the date of birth, as well as afterwards. It follows then that the destruction of the embryo or foetus at any period after conception, is in violation of the divine law. It destroys the receptacle of a soul.
It is the popular belief that, if the menses are arrested by conception, but are forced to return after the lapse of a few days only, beyond their natural time, that no harm is done. This is an error. It is not the menses that return, but an abortion (with hemorrhage) has been induced.
The menses do not occur until another period has elapsed. The crime is in reality, the same as when committed at a much later date. The date of “quickening” so called, cannot be considered of any real importance in its physiological relation. The idea that, at that date, the embryo becomes a soul is now obsolete.”–Download the pamphlet titled; The Great Crime of the Nineteenth Century; (56 pages) by Dr. Edwin M. Hale, M.D., published in 1867.
“Physicians were the leading advocates of abortion criminalization laws.”
“Every act of procuring abortion is murder.”
- 1868: “Every act of procuring abortion,” rules Judge King, of Philadelphia, contrary to the usual interpretation of the law, “is murder, whether the person perpetrating such act intended to kill the woman, or merely feloniously to destroy the fruit of her womb.” Quoted from; Criminal Abortion: Its Nature, Its Evidence, and Its Law; By Horatio Robinson Storer; M.D. LLB., Franklin Fiske Heard.
- 1873: “Fetus, a child in embryo.” A Dictionary of the English Language: By Robert Sullivan.
- 1900: ⇒ “Abortion was a felony in every state.” ¹
“Abortionist: One who makes a business of producing criminal abortions.”
1907: “Abortion (ab-or’shun); The expulsion of the fetus before it is viable. 2. Premature stoppage of a morbid or a natural process. Accidental, that which is due to accident; Criminal, that which is not necessary for therapeutic reasons; Abortionist (ab-or’shun-ist). One who makes a business of producing criminal abortions.” –The American Illustrated Medical Dictionary; W.A. Newman Dorland; A.M., M.D.
Did ‘Birth Control’ lead to legalized abortion?
- 1916: Margaret Sanger opens the first birth control clinic in the United States. ¹ ‘Planned Parenthood’ claims Sanger’s first clinic was the beginning of their organization. ¹
- 1921: The American Birth Control League is “founded” by Margaret Sanger (this organization later becomes “Planned Parenthood in 1942.”)
- 1922: “While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization; If the laws against imparting knowledge of scientific birth control were repealed, nearly all of the 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 women who undergo abortions in the United States each year would escape the agony of the surgeon’s instruments and the long trail of disease, suffering and death which so often follows.”–*Margaret Sanger; From her book titled ‘Woman And The New Race’ (pages 126-128) published in 1922; *The founder of Planned Parenthood. *Read more about Sanger below.
- 1930s: “Licensed physicians performed an estimated 800,000 abortions a year.” ¹
- 1942: The American Birth Control League becomes Planned Parenthood (aka PPFA).
- 1970: “Hawaii became the first state to legalize abortions on the request of the woman, and New York repealed its 1830 law and allowed abortions up to the 24th week of pregnancy. Similar laws were soon passed in Alaska and Washington.” ¹
The Roe v Wade (Supreme) Court Decision: Do taxpayers fund abortion?
- 1973: “Roe v. Wade legalizes abortion nationwide; As a result of this decision—America’s abortionists have additionally murdered “over 60 Million” children since 1973.
- 2014: Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.; “PPFA is the largest single provider of reproductive health services, including abortion, in the U.S. In their 2014 Annual Report, PPFA reported seeing over 2.5 million patients in over 4 million clinical visits and performing a total of nearly 9.5 million discrete services including 324,000 abortions. Its combined annual revenue is $1.3 billion, including approximately $530 million in government funding such as Medicaid reimbursements.”
- 2018: “Abortion is legal in all U.S. states, and every state has at least one abortion clinic.” ¹ Since 1973, America’s abortionists have exterminated more than “60,069,971” babies. “79% of Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinics Target Blacks, Hispanics” “Margaret Sanger Was an Outspoken Racist” “4th Video Catches Planned Parenthood VP Discussing How to Break the Law to Sell Aborted Babies.” ¹
- June 12, 2018: “In America today, the percentage of abortions performed on black babies is 36 percent, even though blacks represent just 12 percent of the population.” “The report also revealed Planned Parenthood boosted its profits by $21 million – 27 percent – from last year as the group also took in nearly $544 million in taxpayer funding.” ¹
- “40% of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew about the abortion.” ¹
Abortion = Population Control: If one averages the total amount of abortions listed above (60,069,971) for 45 years, (1973-2018) the average annual abortions would amount to 1,334,888.
- Question: How many additional, collateral births (births that could have been conceived by those aborted) have been prevented since, say 1993? (20 years after Roe v Wade) Answer: Hundreds of thousands! (if not several millions) The collateral effect of this disgraceful business continues to increase.
- As of 2018, America’s abortionists have murdered a number of individuals equal to about 20% of the current population.
- Question: How many Americans have died in ALL its wars? Answer: “1,354,664+” When this number is compared to the estimated total deaths resulting from abortion (60,069,971 since 1973), the result indicates America has aborted at least 44 times MORE persons—than the total persons killed in ALL its wars!
- “Planned Parenthood Once Declared Abortion Was Murder; Decades ago, Planned Parenthood declared that abortion “kills the life of a baby.” ¹
- “Would it bother us more if they used guns?” ¹
- “Every day, more than 5,000 women and men choose abortion.” ¹
- The greatest ‘pro-life’ President ever?
- Companies who support abortion: ¹ ² ³ ¹ ²
What is murder? “The killing of another person without justification or excuse, especially the crime of killing a person with malice aforethought or with recklessness manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.” ¹
What is a ‘person’? “A living human” “An individual” “The living body of a human” “A human” “an individual human being” “the body of a human being” “a human being; a man, woman, or child” “ the body of a living human being” “individual, mortal, somebody, someone, soul” “A member of the human race.” ¹
What is a ‘baby’? “An unborn child; a fetus; I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby”; “it was great to feel my baby moving about inside” “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on” [Carl Sandburg Remembrance Rock]” ¹ Can unborn babies hear? ¹ Do unborn babies feel pain? ¹ ⇒”Expert Tells Congress Unborn Babies Can Feel Pain Starting at 8 Weeks.” ¹
What is a ‘soul’? “organism, being; a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently” “the spirit; the non-physical part of a person, which is often thought to continue in existence after he or she dies.” ¹
- Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
- Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
- Job 24:14 The murderer rising with the light killeth the poor and needy, and in the night is as a thief.
- Deuteronomy 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
- Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
- Matthew 19:18 – He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness.
- 1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
WHO made us in the womb?
- Psalm 22:10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly.
- Psalm 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
- Psalm 139:13-16 13: For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb. 14: I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. 15: My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; 16: Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.
- Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
- Job 31:15 Did not he that made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?
- Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace,
- Isaiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
- Isaiah 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
- Luke 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
- Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
- Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
What does the Bible say about Abortion? (GotQuestions)
- Exodus 21:22-25 “prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image.” (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6). ¹
“Defunding Planned Parenthood—Defunds Abortion. Nearly half of the abortion giant’s annual billion-dollar budget comes from taxpayer funds.”–ACLJ May 14, 2012.
Abortion: “Its commission disobeys the Divine command “Thou shall not kill.” We cannot consider the subject in a purely physiological light. The impregnated ovum is not merely a living being. This would imply that it was nothing superior to the embryo of one of the brute creation. From the moment of conception it is the receptacle of a human soul.”–Dr. Edwin M. Hale; MD., 1867.
- “There are NO unwanted babies.”—Pastor John Piper
- “Any woman who has felt a baby stir inside her [and] any man who has seen the tiny heart pulsing on an ultrasound screen, knows that abortion is about ending a life.”–Karen Kissane.
- “The unborn baby’s heart starts beating at 20 days and the brain gives off brainwaves at 40 days. If these factors are used by the law to determine death, why can’t they be used to determine life ?”—TFP Student Action.
- ”There will come a time when we are all judged on whether or not we took a stand in defense of all life.”—Sen. Rand Paul.
- “The nation that kills its unborn (and NOW born? ¹ ² ³ ) has lost its soul.”—Mother Theresa; 1910-1997.
- January 22, 2019: New York Senate passes (38-24) the most pro-abortion bill ever, legalizing Abortions Up to Birth. “New York (Democrat) Governor Andrew Cuomo Signs Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth.” ¹
- January 30, 2019: “Virginia Assembly Committee Defeats Bill to Legalize Abortions Up to Birth.” Virginia (Democrat) Governor, Dr. Ralph Northam, an MD., (a pediatric neurologist no less!) and his most shameful, despicable words regarding this Bill: “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” He’s actually perfectly describing what the bill would do. The result of this law would be that lifesaving care would have to be a “discussion,” because it would no longer be mandatory, at least that’s what the abortionist’s legal argument would be. The baby – born alive – could be allowed to die right then and there – and possibly even be killed. That’s infanticide“–SCLJ.
“To see evil and not call it evil—is evil. Not to speak—is to speak”–Rev. Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
See more information from Living Waters here.