“There is no difference between communism and socialism, except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end: communism proposes to enslave men by force, socialism—by vote. It is merely the difference between murder and suicide.”–Ayn Rand.
2-26-2020: Can a socialist win the Whitehouse?
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
- To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalm 14:1
The following excerpts were quoted from a book published 112 years ago:
“Socialism is fundamentally atheistic in the sense that it is without the belief in God.”—Chapman Cohen.
“Socialists who have one eye on the ballot box may assure these people that socialism is not atheistic, but few will be convinced. The statement that socialism has nothing to do with religion, or that many professedly religious people are socialists, is quite futile. A thoughtful religionist would reply that the first point concedes the truth of all that has been said against socialism, while the second evades the question at issue.
It is undeniable that while atheism, per se, is in complete harmony with a socialistical scheme, Theism, or Christianity, is not. For Christianity cannot be combined with any system in which the belief in God does not rank as an essential feature. If it be theistic, it must be there. If it is not there, it becomes by that circumstance, atheistic.
There is no compromise or half-way position possible. But at every point at which Theism could touch socialism, it is repulsed. The belief that there is a God is one on which socialism is silent; nor is there any room in the socialistic theory for such a belief. The further assumptions that human morality or human evolution, or social welfare, are dependent upon the belief in God, it meets with a plain denial by asserting that all these are the expressions of normal forces which will continue in operation even though religion disappears from civilized society.
On the other hand, the socialistic theory that human welfare is a matter of social organization, of mental and moral development, and of the proper utilization of the world’s wealth, is one with which atheism is in complete harmony.”—Quoted from the book titled Socialism, Atheism and Christianity; Chapman Cohen; 1908. *Note: Cohen was an avowed atheist.
Based on ‘true’ history, another outcome of Socialism is Murder:
Hitler’s regime was responsible for over 11 million deaths–including over 6 million Jews murdered in the Holocaust. “National Socialism, more commonly known as Nazism, was the ideology and practices associated with the Nazi Party – officially the National Socialist German Workers’ Party – in Nazi Germany.” ¹ “Hitler endorsed and ordered the deaths of 60-85 million people (30 million were Europeans), by way of military force, and the Holocaust.” ¹
“Between 1917 and 1987, Vladimir Lenin, Josef Stalin and their successors murdered and were otherwise responsible for the deaths of 62 million of their own people.” ¹
“The Marxist–Leninist interpretation of Marxist theory, primarily developed by Georgian revolutionary and Soviet leader Joseph Stalin, religion is seen as retarding human development. Due to this, a number of Marxist–Leninist governments in the 20th century, such as the Soviet Union after Vladimir Lenin and the People’s Republic of China under Mao Zedong, implemented rules introducing state atheism.” ¹
“As a revolutionary, Lenin said that a true Communist would always promote atheism and combat religion.” ¹
“According to orthodox Marxist theory, the overthrow of capitalism by a socialist revolution in contemporary society is inevitable. While the inevitability of an eventual socialist revolution is a controversial debate among many different Marxist schools of thought, all Marxists believe socialism is a necessity.” ¹
“In the Eastern Bloc, Christian churches, along with Jewish synagogues and Islamic mosques were forcibly “converted into museums of atheism.” The total number of Christian victims under the Soviet regime has been estimated to range between 12–20 million.“[1 ¹
Without God, there’s NO ‘social order’!
The Failures of Socialism:
- Socialism: “Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”–Winston Churchill
- “Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it.”–Thomas Sewell
- “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money.”–Margaret Thatcher
- “Have you noticed that people are always trying to flee communism, marxism and socialism–but they never try to flee capitalism, or the United States?”–Author Unk
- “Throughout the world, the failure of socialism is evident.”–President Ronald Reagan
- “The world’s becoming a museum of socialist failures.”–John Dos Passos
- The predictable results of Socialism: (after just 2 decades of control) Venezuela, socialism’s latest failure. Maduro’s ‘Death Squads’ ¹ “They break into your room and drag you from your house,” the newspaper reported in late January. “If you resist, they murder you in your own living room. They don’t care that your family’s right there watching, they don’t care that the neighbors can hear when they beat you senseless with steel tubes filled with cement.” Despite having the world’s largest oil reserves, Venezuela is suffering soaring levels of malnutrition, disease and violence after 20 years of socialist rule launched by the late President Hugo Chavez.” ¹ ◊ “When a box of hypertension pills costs more than the monthly minimum wage and baby milk formula more than two months’ salary, but protesting against such an impossible situation can land you in jail, the extreme injustice of it all is stark” ¹
- “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”–The 3rd President of the United States (1801-1809); Thomas Jefferson; 1743-1826.
Socialist States—Which one has better living standards (or more freedom) than those enjoyed in America?
- “Is Marxism compatible with the Christian faith?”
- “What is Christian Socialism?”
- “How should a Christian view socialism?”
- “Does the Bible support Communism?”
- “What does the Bible say about capitalism?”
- “What does the Bible say about social justice?”
“The “benefits” of Socialism and Communism are taught from the Ivy League to the local community college. A generation has been taught a lie, and they now believe it; Those who love this nation and the ideals of our experiment in liberty must counter the gainsayers in academia and the media or they will soon find that America as “one nation under God” is no more.”–David Nammo; Executive Director/CEO of the Christian Legal Society. ¹
- Subject Polls: “Back in 2010, 68 percent of young people, 18-29 years old, said they approved of capitalism; according to Gallup. Fast-forward to August 2018, and that same age group backs socialism over capitalism, 51 percent to 45 percent.”—Fox News; Maxim Lott; January 4, 2019.
- “Poll: Almost 60 Percent Of Democrats Think Socialism Is Great For America.” ¹
- “Millennials, America’s Largest Generation, Prefer Socialism Over Capitalism.” ¹ “The millennial generation is 83 million people strong and the largest generation ever produced. Millennials outnumber Baby Boomers by nearly 10 million.” ¹
- “According to a 2015 Gallup poll, 47% of American citizens would vote for a socialist candidate for President.”
- “This troubling turn highlights widespread historical illiteracy in American society regarding socialism and the systemic failure of our education system to teach students about the genocide, destruction, and misery caused by communism since the Bolshevik Revolution one hundred years ago” ¹
- “Atheism removes the restraints from sin which belief in the Divine presence imposes.”–J.R. Thomson.
- Dr. David Reagan: “The Immorality Of Socialism“
If our schools refuse to teach students the true history of America (and the world), then Christians must do so.