- But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Micah 5:2
- “The Book of Micah is a prophetic book in the Old Testament, and the sixth of the twelve minor prophets. It records the sayings of Micah, whose name is Mikayahu (Hebrew meaning; “Who is like Yahweh?”) an 8th-century B.C. prophet from the village of Moresheth in Judah.” ¹ “The Book of Micah was likely written between 735 and 700 B.C.” ²
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
- Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2
- When were the ‘Gospels’ written? ¹ ²
- Who wrote O’ Little Town of Bethlehem? 1868: “The text was written by Phillips Brooks (1835–1893), an Episcopal priest, then rector of Church of the Holy Trinity, Philadelphia and later of Trinity Church, Boston. He was inspired by visiting the village of Bethlehem in the Sanjak of Jerusalem in 1865. Three years later, he wrote the poem for his church, and his organist Lewis Redner (1831-1908) added the music.” ¹
O’ Little Town of Bethlehem—Performed by the Gaither Vocal Band.
O’ Little Town of Bethlehem—Performed by Nat King Cole.