As of 7-2-2020: @ 1:30 pm, (EST) Eastern Standard Time: Worldwide coronavirus data: Total infected: 10,918,178 • Deaths: 521,352 ◊ Deaths listed by Countries. ◊ U.S. Coronavirus Cases: 2,804,733 ◊ Deaths: 131,099— WorldoMeter ◊ *The State of Indiana has 46,387 positive cases and 2,662 deaths as of 7-1-2020. ◊ *In Ohio, as of 7-1-2020, there are 53,335 positive cases and 2,901 deaths have been reported. *State totals are also from WorldoMeter. See more world-wide (ytd) statistics here.
Deaths by COVID-19: Worldwide—521,352 U.S.—131,099 (or 25.15% of the world’s total)
Other Deadly Viruses: “Overall, (in the U.S.) the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. (that is, 120,000-610,000 deaths in the last 10 years) This year’s flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season’s 34,200 flu-related deaths. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year.”—Explore Health. ◊ “Seasonal World Flu deaths this year = 245,090 (Year To Date, as of 7-2-2020)”—WorldoMeters. ◊ “There are two main types of influenza (flu) virus: Types A and B. The influenza A and B viruses that routinely spread in people (human influenza viruses) are responsible for seasonal flu.”—CDC.
More (global) statistics:
- This year, the Aids virus has killed over 845,177 people and communicable disease has claimed over 6,526,770; as of 7-2-2020. The worst killer virus?→”An estimated 32 million people have died from HIV since the disease was first recognized in the early 1980s.”—Live Science. *Worldwide, almost 42 million people are now infected with the Aids virus–as of 7-2-2020.
- “Nearly 700 million people get a mosquito-borne illness each year resulting in over *one million deaths.“—Wikipedia. (*Virus deaths included) “Many diseases caused by viruses and other types of microorganisms are spread to humans and animals by mosquitoes.” —Baylor College of Medicine.
- The 12 most deadly viruses. The Spanish Flu of 1918.
- 6-22-2020: Read the latest hand sanitizer warnings here, and here.
- 6-25-2020: Masks don’t help? Why can’t they get their recommendations straight? ¹ ² ³ Mayo Clinic. CDC. WHO. Face Mask warning labels: “This mask is not intended for medical use, and not proven to reduce the transmission of disease. Made in China.”
Local Coronavirus Reports:
Wayne County, IN. On July 2, 2020, Reid Health (a regional hospital) reported “170 positives (from 8 counties) and 22 patients in containment areas.”—Reid Health; What to do if you have symptoms; “NEVER delay care for fear of COVID-19.”—Reid Health.
- As of 7-1-2020, Wayne County, Indiana reported 129 positive cases and 6 deaths. For more information on Indiana counties see this page.
- As of 7-1-2020, Darke County, Ohio reports 237 positive cases and 25 deaths. For more information on Ohio counties see this page. ◊ Local news coverage: Kicks96 News.
- Local Food Banks serving those in need. (Indiana WIC) Social Services Directory for Wayne Co., Indiana. Fayette, Co., IN. ¹ Preble County, OH. Find more sources here. Darke Co., OH. ◊ Free Covid-19 test sites have been established in Richmond, IN., and other cities. →Richmond test site: @ the former Elder Beerman store; 6th & Main Streets. (No symptoms are required for testing).
The Department of Veterans Affairs: On 7-2-2020, the VA reported 23,359 cases (nationally)—and 1,643 deaths; the Dayton VA hospital reported 65 positive cases and 3 deaths. The Indianapolis VA hospital listed 337 positive cases and 41 deaths. Call your provider if symptoms develop. Dayton VA; Indianapolis VA. The VA coronavirus chatbot. “VA lead facilities reintroduce health care services while ensuring safe environment.”→ See this page for more information.
The Cause & Cure for Coronavirus?