“PRAYER FOR TRUMP: President lets woman take over the mic to pray.”
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 1 Timothy 2:1-3
And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. Daniel 2:21
God designates and appoints our leaders. HE alone, granted the ‘authority’ associated with their office:
With regard to the presidency of Donald J. Trump—What does the Bible say about the efforts of those who would usurp this authority?
- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:1-4
Commentary: “The grace of the Gospel teaches us submission and quiet, where pride and the carnal mind only see causes for murmuring and discontent. Whatever the persons in authority over us themselves may be, yet the just power they have, must be submitted to and obeyed. In the general course of human affairs, rulers are not a terror to honest, quiet, and good subjects, but to evil-doers. Such is the power of sin and corruption, that many will be kept back from crimes only by the fear of punishment. Thou hast the benefit of the government, therefore do what thou canst to preserve it, and nothing to disturb it. This directs private persons to behave quietly and peaceably where God has set them.”—Matthew Henry; 1662-1714.
Why is President Trump “hated and despised” by so many?
*Note: The internet search results below are subject to ongoing algorithm manipulation.
- Pro-Life: “Trump is proving to be the most fearlessly pro-life president in history.” Marc A. Thiessen; The Washington Post. ◊ “900 abortion clinics have lost taxpayer funding under Trump.”–WND ◊ Abortion = Murder. ◊ “Planned Parenthood is spending 45 Million dollars “on local, state, and federal candidates who support abortion.” (2020 elections) Washington Examiner; Madeline Fry, October 9, 2019. ◊ “Christian pastors, activists mocked in drag queen fundraiser for Planned Parenthood.”—Brandon Showalter; The Christian Post; November 6, 2019. ⇒“Every child is a precious gift from God; When we look into the eyes of a newborn child there is no doubt we see the beauty of the human soul, and the mystery of God’s great creation. We know that every life has meaning and that every life is totally worth protecting.”—President Donald J. Trump.
- Pro-Israel: Pres. Donald J. Trump: “Israel has no better ally than the U.S., and I want to assure you–the U.S. has no better ally than Israel.”—Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu; Sean Hannity; Fox News. ¹ ◊ Genesis 12:3 ◊ The Old City of Jerusalem.
- Marriage: “Trump Admin Proposes End to Obama Crackdown Against Faith-Based Adoption and Foster Care Agencies; Back in 2016, the Obama Administration added sexual orientation language to an HHS rule, forcing faith-based groups to choose between their biblical beliefs on marriage or receiving federal money to serve their communities.” CBN News. ¹
- What is Marriage? ◊ Will ‘Traditional Christianity’ Lose this Battle? ◊ ‘Gender’ is clearly defined in the Bible. ¹
- 1st Amendment; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- 2nd Amendment; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Freedom of Religion; “In America we don’t worship government, we worship God.”—Pres. Donald J. Trump. ¹
- “Freedom” Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Global Governance: “Trump tells UN General Assembly U.S. rejects ‘global governance’” “I was elected President of the United States, not the world.”—Pres. Donald J. Trump; November 14, 2019.
- Global Warming; Pres. Donald J. Trump. ◊ Climate Change–A Promise from God. ◊ “Climate Change: What Do Scientists Say?“—PragerU. See more videos here.
- Protecting Christians; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Corruption; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Trade; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Military Strength; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Employment; Pres. Donald J. Trump.
- Illegal Immigration; Pres. Donald J. Trump. ◊ Border Security. ◊ Crisis at the Border? ◊ Judicial Watch
Regarding the current impeachment proceedings: “It’s a day of shame for America. The media is calling the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry “historic;” and it is—historically shameful. That our politicians would bring this kind of harm to our country over a phone call, with the world watching, is unbelievable. As Christians, as those who follow and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, let us pray throughout all of these proceedings. Pray for our nation, pray for our leaders, and pray for President Donald J. Trump.”—Rev. Franklin Graham; November 13, 2019.
“According to Webster’s Dictionary, the definition of the word, “resistance” is pretty straightforward: a refusal to accept or comply with something. In Donald Trump’s case, “The Resistance” can be described as a movement of biblical proportions.”—CBN News; David Brody; November 13, 2019.
“There is only one reason the devil is leading such relentless attacks and falsehoods against President Trump. It’s because his (presumably) two terms in office are nothing if not a spiritual battle on a much higher plain of good vs. evil than you and I see; He is God’s man for such a time as this. That’s something we who are Christians need to give serious consideration to. The attacks that would have destroyed any other man seem to just make him stronger.”—Rev. Mychal Massie; WND News.
“If Trump goes down, America goes down—The war on Trump is a war on America.” By Pastor Scott Lively; WND News. “Scott Lively is a Pastor, Attorney, Human Rights Consultant and Missionary with service in more than 50 countries.”
REBELLION: “1. (n.) The act of rebelling; open and avowed renunciation of the authority of the government to which one owes obedience, and resistance to its officers and laws, either by levying war, or by aiding others to do so; an organized uprising of subjects for the purpose of coercing or overthrowing their lawful ruler or government by force; revolt; insurrection.”
GotQuestions.Org A message from Pastor Nelson.
Related posts & other links:
- A Message To Young Christians.
- The Duty of Christian Citizenship.
- Who would make the Worst President?
- ‘Whatever He Does—Shall Prosper!’
- The Presidential Prayer Team
- The Congressional Prayer Caucus
“I assure you, Christian friends, if all the Christian men ‘and women’ of our country would only take a hand in the political affairs of the nation, bringing with them their Christianity and applying its principles and precepts as our great Teacher taught us to apply them, to every transaction and every duty and every vote, we should see a grand clean-up day such as we never dreamed of.”—Lewis Larson; 1912. ¹ ²
“A fundamental agency in our system of government is the ballot box, the Ark of American freedom. Christian citizens must not neglect the opportunity and duty which it gives. Exercise your franchise thoughtfully and prayerfully. As one writer has said: “Christian citizens should lift the Cross above the ballot box, and by this sign conquer.” If we do, we shall soon see the difference.”—Lewis Larson. ¹ 1912.
A prayer from our first Christian leader:
“Bless our rulers in church and state, bless O Lord the whole race of mankind, and let the world be filled with the knowledge of Thee and Thy Son Jesus Christ. Pity the sick, the poor, the weak, the needy, the widows and fatherless, and all that mourn or are broken in heart, and be merciful to them according to their several necessities, bless my friends and grant me grace to forgive my enemies as heartily as I desire forgiveness of Thee, my heavenly Father. I beseech Thee to defend me this night from all evil, and do more for me than I can think or ask, for Jesus Christ sake, in whose most holy name & words, I continue to pray. Our Father, &c.”—George Washington; 1732-1799, the 1st President of the United States. *Written by Washington ca: 1752. ¹