UPDATED: August 13, 2018 ⇒ Faith Under Fire (see below)
The following entry was posted June 19, 2018: “Pastor Robert Jeffress said Dallas Mayor Michael Rawlings (D) and the Dallas Morning News successfully pressured a billboard company to remove an advertisement for his church.”
‘Another billboard company has put up 20 Billboards to replace the two that were removed!’ Dr. Robert Jeffress.
Isaiah 54:17 ⇒No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. Romans 14:11 ⇒For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
- “The Constitution was not intended for a people that had no religion, it was to be for a people already Christian.”–Robert Baird; 1842.
- “Went to church, fasted all day.”—An entry from George Washington’s diary; June 1, 1774 *Click here to view a copy of the History of Prayer in America (this history should be mandatory reading for all students, especially for those who have been taught that God and Christianity played NO role in the establishment, or the early history of America!).
- “The American clergy and the American statesman; the preacher and the politician—were the two firm hands that first held Democracy’s plow, gripping the reins of this fledgling republic and cutting deep that furrow of freedom in the hearts of men while earnestly sowing the seeds of life and liberty. They understood their role of maintaining the balance between church and state, not the separation thereof.”—Pastor Dan Cummins.
- “The verdict of history is unmistakable. Nations perish from causes that are within; No nation ever died from causes that lay outside its borders. Every nation has died as its faith died. The people that has lost its religion has lost its life. No nation ever died of old age; The loss of God and the love of gold, out of these two sources flow the evils that have ruined nations. Nations are not destroyed; they commit suicide.”–Samuel Zane Batten; 1922.
- “Everything that conflicts with Christianity, is human and false.”—Rev. David Gregg, D.D., LL.D., 1898.
- “If preaching politics be admitted to be a valid objection against the pulpit, then every selfish and immoral scheme will avail itself of this plea, and shelter itself under this pretense.”—ATS; 1860.
- “To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny.”—Ronald Reagan.
- Regarding the 1st Amendment: “The United States furnishes the first example in history of a government deliberately depriving itself of all legislative control over religion, which was justly regarded by all older governments as the chief support of public morality, order, peace, and prosperity.”—Philip Schaff, D.D., LL.D; 1889.
- Christian Faith; “It is 24/7. It must be practiced in the home, the business, the government, and yes, the law.”—Michael Youssef.
- “If politics be forbidden to the pulpit, everything will be called politics which selfish men do not like to hear.”—The American Tract Society; 1860.
- “If you draw a line around the countries where the greatest freedom is enjoyed and the highest civilization flourishes, you will find that you have included the countries where the people believe in Christianity, and excluded those where it has very little or no influence.”—Herbert Moninger; Nannie Lee Frayser.
- “The Rapture—Separation Of Church And State”—The World’s Best Church Signs.
Faith Under Fire: August 13, 2018: