“The teaching of the theory of evolution has led this nation to the point where we are now worshiping the creation, rather than the Creator. Our god is “Mother Earth,” not Father God.”–Dr. David Reagan; More info.
MOTHER NATURE, aka:
The offenses of Man, with regard to the “supposed” negative impact of his existence on earth, (against ‘mother earth’) is often referenced within the theories of those who embrace their ideas of Global Warming and Climate Change; ie; “The World People’s Conference on Climate Change and the rights of mother earth.” ¹ Who is ‘mother-goddess’? ¹ Nature worship? A resolution at the U.N. was “endorsed by over 50 member states in 2009″→‘International Mother Earth Day.’
- While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Genesis 8:22
MANKIND WILL NOT DESTROY EARTH:
“While the earth remains, and man upon it, there shall be summer and winter. It is plain that this earth is not to remain always. It, and all the works in it, must shortly be burned up; and we look for new heavens and a new earth, when all these things shall be dissolved. But as long as it does remain, God’s providence will cause the course of times and seasons to go on, and makes each to know its place. And on this Word we depend, that thus it shall be. We see God’s promises to the creatures made good, and may infer that His promises to all believers shall be so.”–Matthew Henry; ¹
- But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10
- And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1
Mother Nature: “Nature personified as a woman considered as the source and guiding force of creation.”–Merriam-Webster
Mother Nature: “Is a mythical personification of nature. Images of women representing “mother” earth, and mother nature, are timeless. Long before history was recorded, goddesses were worshipped for their association with fertility, fecundity, and agricultural bounty. Priestesses held dominion over Incan, Assyrian, Babylonian, Slavonic, Roman, Greek, Indo-European, and Iroquoian fertility cults in the millennia prior to the inception of patriarchal religions.”–Wikipedia
MOTHER NATURE IS AN IDOL–A FALSE GOD.
IDOLATRY DEFINED: “Image-worship or divine honour paid to any created object. Paul describes the origin of idolatry in Romans 1:21-25: men forsook God, and sank into ignorance and moral corruption.” (1:28) The forms of idolatry are;
- Fetishism—or the worship of trees, rivers, hills, stones, etc.
- Nature worship—the worship of the sun, moon, and stars, as the supposed powers of nature.
- Hero worship—the worship of deceased ancestors, or of heroes.”—Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- (n.) The worship of idols, images, or anything which is not God; the worship of false gods.
- (n.) Excessive attachment or veneration for anything; respect or love which borders on adoration.—Webster’s Dictionary.
- What is ‘worship‘?
“Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.”–Romans 1:25
COMMENTARIES ADDRESSING ROMANS 1:25
“Changed the truth of God into a lie – In the place of the true worship of God, they established idolatry. In various places of Scripture idols are termed lies. Isaiah 44:20; Jeremiah 10:14; Jeremiah 13:25. The true God was known among the primitive inhabitants of the earth, those who first became idolaters literally changed the truth of God into a lie: they did know the true God, but they put idols in His place.”–Adam Clarke
“Who changed the truth – The true worship of God into a lie; false, abominable idolatries, and worshipped inwardly, and served outwardly.”–John Wesley
“The apostle begins to show that all mankind need the salvation of the gospel, because none could obtain the favour of God, or escape His wrath by their own works. For no man can plead that he has fulfilled all his obligations to God and to his neighbour; nor can any truly say that he has fully acted up to the light afforded him. The sinfulness of man is described as ungodliness against the laws of the first table, and unrighteousness against those of the second.
The cause of that sinfulness is holding the truth in unrighteousness. All, more or less, do what they know to be wrong, and omit what they know to be right, so that the plea of ignorance cannot be allowed from any. Our Creator’s invisible power and Godhead are so clearly shown in the works He has made, that even idolaters and wicked Gentiles are left without excuse. They foolishly followed idolatry; and rational creatures changed the worship of the glorious Creator, for that of brutes, reptiles, and senseless images.
They wandered from God, till all traces of true religion must have been lost, had not the revelation of the gospel prevented it. For whatever may be pretended, as to the sufficiency of man’s reason to discover Divine truth and moral obligation, or to govern the practice aright, facts cannot be denied. And these plainly show that men have dishonoured God by the most absurd idolatries and superstitions; and have degraded themselves by the vilest affections and most abominable deeds.”–Matthew Henry
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.–Gen. 1:1 Christians believe, and thereby acknowledge the one and only true God as the Creator; in doing so—the myth of mother nature is completely dismissed.
- To recognize, or even refer to mother nature in the usual context–is to deny God as THE Creator and ignore His commandments. The worship of creation (earth, nature, and/or anything created by God) instead of the Creator (God)—is idolatry.
- Additional information; Exodus 20:3 ◊ Deuteronomy 6:14 ◊ Jeremiah 35:15.
False Doctrines/Prophets: What is “Earth Religion” & New Age Religion? (2) (3) ◊ Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.—Col. 2:8