- 10-11-2019: “Beto threatens tax-exempt status of churches if they don’t support gay marriage.”–Caleb Parke; Fox News
- 7-1-2019: “7 Mississippi churches exit” Jim Patterson | UM News.
- 6-29-2019: “Minneapolis pastor and church expelled over gay marriage.” Associated Press; Fox News.
- 6-27-2019: “More U.S. delegates now publicly oppose the Traditional Plan than did so during February’s gathering.” Heather Hahn | UM News. ¹
- 6-25-2019: “California-Nevada has 6 new LGBTQ clergy.” Kathy L. Gilbert | UM News.
- 6-20-2019: “Gay deacon ordained in Desert Southwest.” Kathy L. Gilbert | UM News.
- 6-13-2019: “Exiting congregations face hefty price tag.” Heather Hahn | UM News.
- 6-10-2019: “LGBTQ deacon ordained.” Jim Patterson | UMNS.
- 6-3-2019: “LGBTQ clergy ordained.” Jim Patterson, Erik Alsgaard; | UM News.
- 5-30-2019: “Complaint filed-No resolution yet.” Heather Hahn | UM News.
- 5-9-2019: Will there be “open defiance”, or a “church split” over this issue? NPR; Blair Paddock; WBEZ91.5
- 5-3-2019: “United Methodist Church is in crisis mode” Ivey DeJesus; Pennsylvania Real-Time News.
- 4-26-2019: The United Methodist Judicial Council–“upholds the February 26, 2019 UMC Delegates Ruling.” Linda Bloom; UMNews ◊ Fox News; David Crary | Associated Press.
February 26, 2019: The ‘Delegates’ of the United Methodist Church have voted on recognizing gay marriage. The result: 56% supported the ‘Traditional Plan’–which “does not authorize or permit same-sex marriages, or the ordaining of LGBTQ pastors.” “The UMC is America’s 2nd largest Protestant Church.” Travis Fedschun; Fox News. ◊ UMC.
Considering the results of this particular vote, and that the vote is likely more accurate than any ‘poll’ addressing the subject–is it possible that almost one-half of America’s Christians are ignoring the following?
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Matthew 7:13
- What is Sin? ¹ ² ³ Idolatry? Rebellion? Abomination? Immoral? Lust? Fornication? (Generally considered as ‘sexual activity’ outside of Biblical marriage) ¹ Apostasy?
Marriage: The gender roles in a ‘marriage‘ are clearly defined by God: And he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and they twain shall be one flesh.” “Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. Matthew 19: 4-5. • So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:27 • But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. Mark 10:6 • Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. ¹ “God Himself joined man and wife together.”–Matthew Henry. What is a wife? A husband? ¹
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8
- The Source of Rebellion: “This is to be found in selfishness, in the preference by men of their own will over the way of God.”–Family Churchman. ¹
- Apostasy: “The man in the pew, following the lead of his teachers, has lost faith in the Bible as a Divine revelation, and in consequence, no longer submits to its authority.”–Arthur W. Pink. ¹
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12
- Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. Ephesians 5:6-7
- Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20
- But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. 1 Corinthians 5:11 ¹
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
- Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18
- For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; 1 Timothy 1:10
- For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 2 Timothy 4:3
- Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination Leviticus 18:22 ¹ ² ³
- But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly. Gen. 13:13 ¹
- And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. Genesis 19:5 Commentary. ¹ ²
- Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:25-28 ¹ ²
- He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination. Proverbs 28:9 Commentary: “Such a man’s prayer, if he does pray, is not hearty and sincere, and therefore, lacks the element which alone can make it acceptable. He will not resolve to forsake his favorite sin, even while paying outward worship to the God whoso Law he breaks: what wonder that the prophet so sternly denounces such offenders and the psalmist cries with terrible rigor, “When he shall be judged, let him be condemned; and let his prayer become sin” (Psalm 109:7) Pulpit Commentary.
- They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:6 ¹
- And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Galatians 5:24
- This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16
- Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. Psalm 1:5 ¹
- Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 1 Timothy 4:1 ◊ Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Acts 20:30 ¹
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2
- For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Hebrews 10:26
- What is ‘Repent‘? As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Revelation 3:19
Re: Revelation 3:19: “Happy those who take His counsel, for all others must perish in their sins. Christ lets them know where they might have true riches, and how they might have them; Part with sin and self-confidence, that you may be filled with His hidden treasure. Let them give themselves up to His word and Spirit, and their eyes shall be opened to see their way and their end. Let us examine ourselves by the rule of His word, and pray earnestly for the teaching of His Holy Spirit, to take away our pride, prejudices, and worldly lust; Christ still graciously, by His word and Spirit, comes to the door of the hearts of sinners. Those who open to Him shall enjoy His presence; In the conclusion is a promise to the overcoming believer.”–Matthew Henry. • What is ‘Turn from Sin’? ¹
SIN: “The sons of God know that their Lord is of purer eyes than to allow anything unholy and impure to dwell with him. It is the hope of hypocrites, not of the sons of God, that makes allowance for gratifying impure desires and lusts. Sin is the rejecting the Divine law. In Him, that is, in Christ, was no sin. All the sinless weaknesses that were consequences of the fall, He took; that is, all those infirmities of mind or body which subject man to suffering, and expose him to temptation. But our moral infirmities, our proneness to sin, He had not. He that abides in Christ, continues not in the practice of sin. Renouncing sin is the great proof of spiritual union with, continuance in, and saving knowledge of the Lord Christ. Let us not serve or indulge what the Son of God came to destroy. To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God. The regenerate person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God, and as others do who are not born again. There is that light in his mind, which shows him the evil and malignity of sin. There is that bias upon his heart, which disposes him to loathe and hate sin. There is the spiritual principle that opposes sinful acts. And there is repentance for sin, if committed. It goes against him to sin with forethought.”–Matthew Henry.
“Men do not like that old-fashioned gospel which tells them that sin and the sinner must part, or else they must be damned.”–Rev. C.H. Spurgeon.
- “What does the Bible say about gay marriage/same sex marriage?” GotQuestions.Org
- “Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage.” Source; Pew Research; (July 2, 2015).
- What is Holy Matrimony? ◊ ‘Gender’ is clearly defined in the Bible
HRC ‘Faith Positions’
- “Marriage is not simply a compact entered into by a man and a woman. It is not a social partnership, nor yet an alliance for convenience to be dissolved at pleasure. Marriage was instituted by God Himself. Its foundations were securely laid, and its principles are as fixed and enduring as the human race itself. If man had instituted marriage he might enact laws which would modify or even annul the relation. But marriage was instituted by God Himself when as yet there was but one man and one woman upon the earth, and it not only antedates human legislation, but is above all human legislation. It was ordained of God.”–Pastor Sylvanus Stall; 1904.
- “Almighty God instituted marriage for the legitimate propagation of mankind.”—Michael Muller; 1882.
- What is ‘Preaching the Word’? ¹ A ‘false prophet/teacher’? ¹
Can ANY foundation, provision for, or acceptance of ‘same-sex marriage’ be found in the Bible? Is it true–that when one considers the commandments and teachings of God, ‘same-sex’ marriages are defenseless?
Commentary: Jeremiah 23:9-22 “The false prophets of Samaria had deluded the Israelites into idolatries; yet the Lord considered the false prophets of Jerusalem as guilty of more horrible wickedness, by which the people were made bold in sin. These false teachers would be compelled to suffer the most bitter part of the Lord’s indignation. They made themselves believe that there was no harm in sin, and practiced accordingly; then they made others believe so. Those who are resolved to go on in evil ways, will justly be given up to believe strong delusions. But which of them had received any revelation of God, or understood any thing of His word? There was a time coming when they would reflect on their folly and unbelief with remorse. The teaching and example of the true prophets led men to repentance, faith, and righteousness. The false prophets led men to rest in forms and notions, and to be quiet in their sins. Let us take heed that we do not follow unrighteousness.”–Matthew Henry.
1 John 1: 9 -10; 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. Commentary: “Let us honestly confess all our sins in their full extent, relying wholly on His mercy and truth through the righteousness of Christ, for a free and full forgiveness, and our deliverance from the power and practice of sin.”–Matthew Henry.
“True followers of Jesus Christ, whose salvation is based entirely upon Gods Word, cannot endorse same-sex marriage, regardless of what our President, the Congress, the Supreme Court, the media or the latest Gallup poll says about the matter. This moral issue has been settled by God Himself and is not subject to man-made revisions or modifications. In the end, I would rather be on the wrong side of public opinion than on the wrong side of Almighty God who established the standard of living for the world He created.
Marriage is a biblically moral issue, not a political or theological one. This debate is ultimately about something much more important than the question of same-sex marriage. It is about the authority of Scripture. The Church is on dangerous ground when it departs from the teaching of Christ and attempts to redefine His commands and compromise His truth; There are many things in Scripture that Christians disagree on, but the Bible is crystal clear about the sanctity of life and marriage. It is also clear that homosexuality is spelled out as a sin, there are no ifs, ands, or buts!”–Rev. Franklin Graham. ¹