“The Dignity Of Marriage; 1850:
Mark 10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
What is Marriage?
A lawful and indissoluble alliance, formed by mutual consent between a man and a woman, for the multiplication of the human race, and of the worshippers of the true God; which alliance has been raised by Jesus Christ to the dignity of a Sacrament.
Who Instituted Marriage?
God Himself, in the beginning of the world, when He gave Eve as a companion to Adam, the father of the human race.”—The Sacrament Of Matrimony; Rev. M. Vuarin; 1850.
“Marriage is not simply a compact entered into by a man and a woman. It is not a social partnership, nor yet an alliance for convenience to be dissolved at pleasure. Marriage was instituted by God Himself. Its foundations were securely laid, and its principles are as fixed and enduring as the human race itself. If man had instituted marriage he might enact laws which would modify or even annul the relation. But marriage was instituted by God Himself when as yet there was but one man and one woman upon the earth, and it not only antedates human legislation, but is above all human legislation. It was ordained of God.
Marriage is not only a divine institution, but is the only one instituted in the Garden of Eden which has come down with its continuous line of blessings to the present time. God officiated at the marriage of the first man and the first woman.
The first miracle wrought by our Saviour was at a marriage-feast in Cana of Galilee, and the first event in the next dispensation will be the marriage of the Lamb to the Church, the bride of Christ.
In instituting this relation, God united one man with one woman.–God said: “For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and they twain shall be one flesh.” “Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh.” (Matthew 19: 5-6.)
As marriage is a divine institution, no young man or young woman should enter into this relation without seeking divine wisdom and guidance. The subject of marriage should be made a subject of frequent prayer. If you are not to make a mistake, you should not first form your alliance and then go to God and ask for His sanction, but you should begin to pray very early, lest you mistake your infatuation for the voice of God, or your inflamed amativeness for the leadings of divine Providence.
Pray while your eyes are still open, for Cupid blinds many, and then suffers them to be led to their ruin by lust.”–Pastor Sylvanus Stall; 1904.
- “Almighty God instituted marriage for the legitimate propagation of mankind.”—Michael Muller; 1882.
- “Marriage is a special union created as a Holy covenant between man, woman, and God. Redefine marriage and you redefine America.”–Penny Young Nance.
- 6-26-2013: *How ONE Vote Changed The Future Of America: DOMA Ruled Unconstitutional. (*U.S. Supreme Court vote: 5-4).
- “Marriage predates government and civil authorities. No civil authority, including the Supreme Court, has the authority to redefine marriage. Today, the Supreme Court has damaged its image, lost legitimacy, and set in motion considerable harm to society and to the State of the Union.”–Matt Staver, Esq., Founder and Chairman of ¹Liberty Counsel; June 26, 2013. “No civil institution, including any court, has authority to redefine marriage any more than it can redefine gravity. Redefining the institution of marriage is improper and outside the authority of the government.”–²Liberty Counsel.
Are same-sex marriages condoned by God?
- Matthew 15:19
- Mark 7:21
- Romans 1:24 ~ Romans 1:26 ~ Romans 1: 27 ~ Romans 1: 28
- 1 Corinthians 5:11 ~ 1 Corinthians 6:9 ~ 1 Corinthians 6:18 ~ 1 Corinthians 7:2
- 2 Corinthians 12:21
- Galatians 5:19-23
- Ephesians 4:19 ~ Ephesians 5:3 ~ Ephesians 5:5
- Colossians 3:5
- 1 Thessalonians 4: 3-4
- 1 Timothy 1:10
- Hebrews 12:16 ~ Hebrews 13:4
- 2 Peter 2:2 ~ 2 Peter 2:6
- Jude 1:7
- Revelation 9:21 ~ Revelation 21:8 ~ Revelation 22:15
According to God’s Word, ‘Marriage’ is a Holy covenant between Man, Woman and God–a divine institution. “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Mark 10:6-9